вторник, 19 сентября 2023 г.

Tuya “Proxy” (p)2023 El Rayo Verde

I've got so much respect bordered on adoration to David T. Ginzo’s “A War Is Coming” which is placed high in my shortlist of go-to albums, so it’s obvious that I expected much from his new effort “Proxy”. And… What I got is not what I expected. While “A War Is Coming” sounded handmade, “Proxy” sounds too professional. In fact, the difference between these two albums is like the difference between an arthouse movie and a high-budget blockbuster. There’s no problem, globally. Creative growth mixed with outstanding technical skills – who the heck would call it a problem? Besides, there are still some great songs here (“Ball Under The Car”, “Anthony”, “Friendly Fire”). But the rest of the album (especially “The Coup In My Eyes” and “Bretton Woods”) would perfectly fit for the playlist between the festival sets of Grimes and Arca – and it’s only bad news for me as at any festival I wouldn’t attend a show of either.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий