вторник, 5 декабря 2023 г.

Lo Mejor De 2023. An Introduction

This was an amazing year. I feel kind of embarrassed saying this from within the frontiers of a country that still tries to eliminate its closest neighbour and now is in the process of banning at least 10% of its population via naming the LGBT+ people extremists - but musically it was really an amazing year. I'm used to making year end lists, I have been doing it for years and years, and rarely I went through such the mind-blowing exercise trying to elect 50 best albums of the year before. Fortunately it is 50! If it was 30 I'd have my head crack open for sure.
There were at least 70-80 albums in consideration out of the total 300+ releases I listened to throughout the year: from Cabello Prieto Azabache's "No.1" released 11th of January to Gazella's self-titled released 24th of November. Due to suffocating level of competition I was pressured to erase "Planes Para Días Grises", the most recent disc of my dear friends Igloo, from the final version of the list - the painful decision I still feel sorry about - as well as some other pretty great albums like Featherweight's "Ojalá Eternidad", Carolina Otero's "POPalina", Cucudrulu's "Zozobrar A Tiempo" or Vuelve Zinc's "No Lo Merecemos". Let it be kinda Honorable Mention for them.
Moreover, I would like to mention a handful of EPs and mini albums to be singled out, such as No Fucks' "No Fucks II", The Magic Mor's "Retrato De Amor Primitivo", Nøgen's "Åben Cirkel", Alondra Galopa's self-titled and Pálida Tez's "Viaje A La Habitación Del Fondo De La Casa". They deserve your full attention despite their diminutive stature.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий