четверг, 24 декабря 2015 г.

The Best Of 2015. Editor's Pick

See also:

Dorian "Diez Anos Y Un Dia" (p)I*M Records Buy Listen
Igloo "Igløø2" (p)Ernie Producciones Listen/Buy

Before the name of the one and only best album of the year 2015 is revealed I should declare two more albums that really made my year. In fact, for me and my small family these are the most played albums at home or in our car (or in a car rented while travelling by Spain). It is my decision to put them in the separate category as the songs they contain (mostly) aren't new. But these are not the compilations in the pure sense of the term because every old song is rethought, remade and refaced. In other words, both bands made some kind of the cover versions of their own songs in a way which was apparently different to these bands' modi operandi.  So I have no idea how to treat these albums in terms of categorization.
Anyway, this is not the most important thing about "Diez Anos Y Un Dia" and "Igløø2". The main thing is that Igloo and Dorian sound absolutely natural in the new found formats and it gives an additional dimension to their art. Which means that if they were already three-dimensional before this, then now they are the tesseracts.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий